“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” John 3:16-18
Because God loves man and desires to reconcile sinners to Himself, He sent His Son into the world to die and pay the ransom price for sin.
Christ died, was buried, and rose again…
“For I delivered unto you, first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scripture; And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures:” 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
Not only did Christ die for our sins, but He was buried, and then, 3 days later, He arose from the dead.
“…He is risen…” Matthew 28:6
“Him God raised up…” Acts 10:40
“…God raised Him from the dead.” Acts 13:30
Then, after walking on the earth with His disciples for 40 days, He ascended into heaven.
“…while they beheld, He was taken up…” Acts 1:9
“This Jesus hath God raised up… being by the right hand of God, exalted.” Acts 2:32,33
Christ…the only way
“Jesus saith unto him, `I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.’ ” John 14:6
“To wit, that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself…” 2 Corinthians 5:19
“Neither is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12
Jesus Christ, through His death and shed blood, His burial, and His resurrection; has provided the way for dead, condemned sinners, to be forgiven and reconciled to God. For centuries man has, and is still trying at this very moment, to remedy their sinful conditions by devotion to other gods. Nevertheless, the foundation of God standeth sure…
“…Jesus saith… I am the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE; no man cometh unto the father but by Me.” John 14:6
“There is no other name under heaven…whereby we must be saved.” Acts 4:12
The way from death to life
Verily, verily I say unto you, He that heareth my My Word, and believeth on Him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24
In this passage of Scripture Jesus promised to all who would hear and believe, that they would receive these things.
- Everlasting life — This is life that goes on and on, without end, even into eternity. After we die physically, according to this promise, we still live on. What kind of life? Everlasting!
- No Condemnation – In Romans God says: as by the offence of one (Adam), judgment came upon all men to condemnation, even so by the righteousness of one (Jesus Christ) the free gift came upon all men unto the justification of life.” Romans 5:18 So, the condemnation that we were born under can be taken away if we believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- “…is passed from death unto life.” Remember, man is born dead spiritually, but according to this promise he can be made alive in the Spirit by faith in Christ.
Even when we were dead in sins, (God) hath quickened us together with Christ, by grace ye are saved;” Ephesians 2:5
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath He quickened together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Colossians 2:13
- Jesus Christ died to pay for our sins.
- He was buried, rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven.
- He is the only way for dead, condemned, sinners to be saved.
- He promises life after death, no condemnation, or judgment for our sins, and that we will no longer be dead spiritually, but alive in our Spirit.
Next Point: ALL We Can Do Is BELIEVE